Sunday, August 14, 2022

Tall or short

 I have had this snowman set for quite a few years, bought it at a yard sale and finally playing with it, one of my groups challenge is snowmen, the other challenge in another group is using silver or gold.  I went with embossing these snowmen in silver embossing powder and then doing a bit of embellishing with silver pens.


It was a tad hard to get the pencils into these very tiny areas after they were embossed, I should have stamped first in soft color, colored them and then embossed after.  The snowline was drawn with silver pen as were all the snowflakes in the background and the sentiment was stamped with silver ink.

  • Stampin up - Snow much fun stamp set, embossed in silver, colored w/pencils
  • Silver pen for snow drift and snowflakes
  • Silver ink for sentiment

  • Stampin up - Snow much fun stamp set, embossed in silver, colored w/pencils
  • Spellbinders - Card Creator Holiday - Holly and Poinsettia die, silver pen in the embossed leaves
  • Momenta - Cardstock
  • Silver pen dots for snow

  • Thanks so much for stopping by today,
    Connie

    14 comments:

    Birgit said...

    Tall or short, they're both adorable, Connie! What a clever idea to emboss them in silver. I use black for everything and really need to think outside of the box more often. I'm partial to the short stubby snowman. It's super cute framed with the holly leaves.

    Lowcarb team member said...

    Yes, I agree with Birgit ...
    Tall or short I like them.

    All the best Jan

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Awesome cards. Love.

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are so cute! xoxo

    Donna Phelan said...

    Oh they are both perfectly adorable! You need a variety of shapes and sizes--just like real life! ;) Super cute images and great designs! Loving your hand drawn snowflakes, they are perfect! And that holly frame on your second one is awesome!

    R's Rue said...

    So cute.

    Leslie Miller said...

    They're so much fun! Clever idea to emboss in silver. Not much coloring required as the silver adds a special touch. Love those little birds on the first card and the pretty frame on the second. The second snowman looks like he's getting ready for a snowball fight. Two more for Christmas -- hooray!

    Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

    These are just darling!! so cute!! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    Esther Asbury said...

    Awww...such sweet snowmen cards!! Those little birdies on the 1st one are so adorable!

    Debbie said...

    oooooh i LOVE snowmen!! such a cute verse, to go along with the cute snowmen!!

    i like the frame on the 2nd card!!

    Lisa said...

    I just brought out this stamp set to make a card or two for Christmas this year. My mom picked it up for me at a garage sale and I just love it.

    Two wonderful card with these adorable snowmen images. I absolutely love that die cut on the 2nd card. Great framing for that image.

    Beth Norman-Roberts said...

    Fun cards for your challenges. Both are adorable but I particularly like the short fella because it is surrounded by a beautiful die.

    JD/ Jill said...

    Both of these cards are really neat. I especially like the second card with that beautiful frame!

    Darlene said...

    OMG I've missed so many of your postings but I'm trying to catch up this morning. These snowmen are OH SO CUTE! The Tall Skinny guy made me chuckle immediately lol. Fabulous inspiration ... thank I can use it! I'm finally getting better from all my health issues this summer but I still have days when I just can't do much and have to sit (or lay) down and rest. After effects of the covid I'm sure since of course I just had to catch it in the hospital along with everything else ... but it's getting better! HUGS