Thursday, August 25, 2022

Shape card

 Over at Let's Squash it blog they have a challenge to use anything but a square for your card shape, since I had just recently posted a circle card and a shaped rectangle card I went with my hexagon die, which made it a smaller card then I am use to using, it is approximately 4 x 3 3/4.  I have been thinking I need to get my bee die out and use it before the summer is over so I went with using my honeycomb embossing folder.  Of course the bees need something to be buzzing around so I added some flowers I cut from pattern paper and a leafy vine die.  Used a couple gems for the centers.


  • Spellbinders - Hexagons and Foliage Flourish dies
  • Paper Studio - Honeycomb embossing folder
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs - Bees die
  • Impression Obsession - Floral Set dies
  • Me & My big ideas - gems


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the flowering vine offering nectar for your sweet bees, perfect subject for a hexagonal card!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Brilliant and perfect!!

-Soma

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is cute! I like this size card and make a 4 3/4" square fairly often because I have some 5" square envelopes. I love your summer bee card!

Donna Phelan said...

he perfect shape for your perfect little BEEutiful card! Loving all of that texture too! If you use a square envelope, I believe they need extra postage for whatever reason! ;)

Raquel Loio said...

Hi! The card turned out great, I really liked it! Hugs, Raquel

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your theme is perfect with the shape. I love all of the bees. Nice touch adding distressing around your edges.

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card for your challenge!

Guri said...

Cool card.

Dotty Jo said...

This is so cute, Connie! I love all the details you've included. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Lisa said...

Those are super cute bee die cuts and I love the vines and flowers you added for them to buzz around too. Great fun shaped card.

Chrissy said...

When I see dies other people have I always have an urge to go shopping..love the cute honeycomb and little Bee's with the flourish and flowers, very sweet..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet hexagon card with the honeycomb and bees, Connie!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards. Best wishes for you.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute, Connie! xoxo

EmmaT said...

Bee-utiful shaped card, lovely embossing. Emma