Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Pumpkin Truck

 When I saw the challenge over at Double D Challenge which is wheels, I knew just what I wanted to do, make my first fall card, and one of the first things I think of is pumpkins, so that is what I put in the back of this truck :)  I stenciled the background with clouds and then sponged in the road and grass.

The pumpkins are from a punch hubby had, I cut them from orange paper and did a little sponging of orange around them and colored the stems.  Cut the leaves from pattern paper and added them to the tree die cut, of course you have to have some falling to the ground.


  • Taylored Expressions - On the road - Truck die
  • EK - Pumpkin punch
  • Distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn and Black soot for background
  • My Favorite things - Cloud Stencil
  • Impression Obsession - Bare tree and Oak Leaves & Rake dies
  • 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry in the leaves rub on sentiment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

17 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a sweet scene xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

A perfect fall scene! Very nicely done card!

Debbie said...

oooooh connie i love this!!! who doesn't adore a cool truck filled with pumpkins!! fall, it is almost here!!!

April said...

What a great fall scene! I love your truck full of Pumpkins.

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, your truck is so cute and you did such a perfect background! This is the classic fall scene. Just beautifully done. I'm so glad to see it in our Double D Challenge!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

A fabulous autumn card, Connie!! Beautiful colours and the scene could not be more perfect!

-Soma

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your truck is coloured up nice and rustic looking. The yellow was a good choice in colour. Gently cascading leaves sure makes the fall scene.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely fall (Autumn) scene, and the season will soon be here :)

All the best Jan

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love this so much Friend! I'm so ready for Fall - my fave season of them all! 🎃 Your blog is lovely and reminds me how much I need to get back to scrapbooking and crafting. Have a blessed day.

Birgit said...

This is the perfect fall scene Connie! The coloring on your truck and stenciled background came out perfectly. The falling leaves is such a nice touch and adds movement to you card. Beautifully done!

Diane said...

Beautifully created fall scene and perfect for our challenge at Double D, thanks for joining us!!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

aussie aNNie said...

How awesome is this, great design and details here ♥

Donna Phelan said...

Love how you sponged in the road and grass, your pretty clouds and that wonderful tree, you have made a great Fall scene! That truck is giving me vintage vibes--love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Blog, Wheels Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness that truck is fantastic and I love the shading and coloring you added to the truck and the whole scene.

Birgit said...

I'm back for a second peek at this sweet fall card, on behalf of Double D Challenges... yep! I still think it's wonderful! So glad you linked it up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you, Connie!

Louca por porcelana said...

How cute your card is! Congrats!

Esther Asbury said...

Oooo....what an awesome fall card! Love that adorable truck full of pumpkins!!