Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Birthday wishes

 This card started out with the papers, I had previously gone through this pack for another card and really thought this paper was pretty with it's soft coral and grey colors, so when it was time to do a card for my friend I decided to use it.  I didn't want to big of an image because I wanted the paper to show, so I went with this small stamped flower, but when I finished coloring it trying to use the same colors in the paper, it blended in with the paper too much so I went looking for something to back it with and found this mulberry paper.

One tip I have is that rub ons don't work very well on Mulberry paper, I finally managed to get it to work but it took way too much time of rubbing to finally get it to adhere.


  • Gemini - Flower stamp, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinders - Labels 29 die
  • Paper Studio - Distressed Florals paper and Mulberry Neutrals 
  • Tim Holtz - Remnant rub ons tiny text

It is so nice here today, I have the doors open and a nice breeze is coming through, finally a break from that terrible heat.  I hope it is nice where you are.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Debbie said...

oooooh connie, i am so jealous, it is still very hot here, tomorrow it is suppose to cool off. the card is beautiful, i love the colors, and all the detail and depth of the flowers.

good call on using smaller flowers, so the base paper was not hidden. it is too pretty and really shines on this card!!

R's Rue said...

Your cards always make me smile

April said...

Your card is so lovely! I love the colors and the pretty shape.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So so pretty. Love the colour combination. Good for you for using rub on. I never have luck.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Birgit said...

This is so pretty, Connie! I love the soft colors and the plaid background. Glad to hear you're getting a break from the heat. Enjoy!

Graça Gamito said...

What I think makes the card very beautiful is precisely the choice of its soft coral and gray colors. The result was a beautiful card.
Good week!

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful... My Birthday's month! Hugs.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Connie..love the colour combo of the peach and grey, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh pretty papers! I have a whole stash of mulberry paper, great for die cutting teddy bears and bunnies, anything with fur. This is very sweet!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Connie. Love your design and the colors!

Leslie Miller said...

The paper is irresistibly pretty and you really matched up the flower stamp with it. Amazing how perfectly the mulberry paper matches, too. It's beautiful all over, Connie! I'm glad to hear you're getting a break from the heat. What a relief!

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice colours on your card ...

Pleased that your weather has been a little cooler.
Here in the UK it is still hot, and we really could do with some rain.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

The coral and gray are so pretty together. Love the mulberry paper!

Lisa said...

I love the addition of the mulberry paper. The colors are great together and that flower is a very nice touch to let the DP show.