Saturday, May 27, 2023

Birthday Girl

 When looking through my goodies the other day for something else I came across these metal sunflowers I had bought many years, maybe even ten years ago, I still have one left believe it or not and I left it out on my desk to use on the next birthday card I needed.  This time around I colored the sunflower with my alcohol markers and it worked great, you can see the coloring better in the close up picture.


The sunflower came on that silver metal like background, but I wanted a little more framing so I got out one of my square dies and just put it on point, thought it fit perfectly, added all that to a banner die and then topped it off with my rub on sentiment and dew drops.


  • Metal sunflower embellishments, colored with alcohol markers
  • Spellbinders - Majestic Labels one die and banner die
  • Basic Grey - Wholy cow rub-ons (sentiment)
  • Dew drops
Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend, we are having gorgeous temperatures, usually we are already too HOT but it is just perfect this year, so enjoying it very much,

Connie

13 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Just lovely. I love sunflowers. 🧡 I'm so glad you're getting lovely weather. We are here too. yay!! Enjoy your weekend. xo

Nancy Chan said...

I love sunflowers too.

Beth Stamps said...

You have a nac for saving things. I admire that. The sunflower is just so cute and adds nice dimension.

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty! I love the metal sunflower.

Debbie said...

it is so pretty connie!! you have a great eye for what is needed to balance out and complete the look of a card!!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that little bit of color really spiced up your sunflower! Your card is super cute with the design being all beautifully coordinated. Cheerful!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Connie, love the metal sunflower and added frame behind it and great colouring with the alcohol inks, looks so pretty..

luv CHRISSYxx

Kim said...

The sunflower sits beautifully on the lovely frame, Connie. Amazing that you had one sunflower left after all this time. Another beautiful card! The Birthday Girl will love her card.

Donna Phelan said...

Finally, we also have some great weather, blue, blue skies and lots of sunshine and a nice cool ocean breeze. Love your card! That little metal sunflower is beautiful, how clever of you to color it! I also like the metal backing and the die cut you put it all on! Beautiful! Enjoy your days!

April said...

That is a beautiful sunflower. I remember coloring on those metal charms. They look so pretty. Your card is lovely. Happy Memorial Day!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous sunflower. Truely wonderful layout to really let it take center stage on the card.