Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wreaths

 I went with Wreath theme for my last 3 cards, I made it by the end of the Month, YAH!!!

The first was fairly easy because I let the paper do the work for the wreath, I was going through this paper pack for a birthday card and came upon this page and thought I could make a pink theme Christmas card using this wreath, just by adding my own die cuts to it.  Love how we can get inspiration just looking through our goodies :)


I centered the wreath on my card 5 x 6 1/2.  Added my die cuts, a stamped greeting and some pearl drops.

  • 49 and Market - Artoptions Avesta 6x8 paper
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Festive dies (flower, bow and holly)
  • Diamond Press - Happy holidays stamp set
  • Nuvo drops


My next card I went with coloring the stamp with colored pencils, I first stamped the solid stamp in Desert Sand Memento ink, then let it dry and colored over the image with my pencils. I fussy cut the wreath out and popped it up and added it to a wood background.


  • Inkadinkado - Folk Wreath stamp, colored with pencils
  • Echo Park - Christmas collection (paper and sentiment)
  • Spectrum clear Sparkle pen - for berries

The last one I went with blues on a yellow background, another not so traditional color combo :)  I realized while posting the pictures that I forgot a sentiment. I already had the flowers and bird made up so I have no idea what I used to make them.


  • Spellbinder - Wreath die
  • Simon Says - Layered Chickadee die
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Floral #3 dies (flowers)
  • Poppystamps - Valley Snowflake dies
  • Gems


There we go, all caught up for May's cards.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,
Connie

13 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful set of wreath cards, Connie. I especially love the last one with the sweet bird. Sometimes a blank card is nice to write a note to someone. I love all the soft colors of all three. It's nice to get a head start on Christmas. It always comes too quickly. Hope you are enjoying some nice weather this week. Hugs xo K

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love them all - but I'm a sucker for the last one. Birds and flowers have my heart, no matter the season. Lol ;)

Birgit said...

All three cards are beautiful Connie! I adore the sweet pink poinsettia and other sweet things you added to the first card. I love it when the paper does most of the work. The second card is just as sweet with the board background and colorful wreath. I have to concur that the last card with the darling little blue bird is a favorite because I just love birds. What a cheerful post today!

Esther Asbury said...

I do love wreath cards and all three of these are lovely! I'm a bit partial to the last one though since it includes a sweet little birdie!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like all three of your wreath cards, but my favourite is your last one with the bird :)

Can you believe it's the last day of May!
I wish you a happy new month of June.

All the best Jan

Mrs A. said...

Three beautiful wreaths all so different. Realy like the pink one but oh my goodness the little blue birdie is my favourite. Hugs mrs A.

Donna Phelan said...

Love wreaths on a card, and your 3 are all so different form one another! Very pretty and very creative! Glad you made your deadline! ;)

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all so pretty, Connie! xoxo

Debbie said...

these are so all pretty connie, the colors are gorgeous in the first one, and a little non-typical for christmas and i LOVE it!!

the second one is beautiful also, i LOVE the snow on the paper!! and i really like the sentiment you picked, "winter wishes", i like that!!

Lisa said...

Super job getting your cards done. These are 3 wonderful wreaths. I love, love, love the colors on the first card. Super fussy cutting on the second card and great background for it too. And fabulous die cuts for the third wreath. You knocked those out just in time to meet your quota for the month.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, so beautiful! I absolutely love your wreath cards. You're creating a beautiful collection and staying right on the mark.

JD/ Jill said...

All three cards are beautifully done!

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing cards. Best wishes.