Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Poinsettia's

 I bought this last year on sale and our challenge in both my groups this month is foliage flowers or wreaths so I had to break out my flowers.  I ended up with only two cards I think these took me a few days to get done.

It is hard to see the layering of the flower dies until you see the close ups, and I even went over the first ones with more ink.


  • Tim Holtz - Festive Bouquet dies
  • Spellbinders - Floral ovals and classic oval dies
  • Cuttlebug - Swiss dots embossing folder
  • Graphic 45 - Christmas emporium paper
  • Hobby Lobby - Christmas sticker book for sentiment
  • Stickles - X-mas red (on berries)

On my second card I decided to use some of this new washi tape I got for the flowers, I added the washi to some light cardstock before cutting and it cut quite well even though the washi is fabric.  It was a little harder to see where I was suppose to add the layering bits to the base of the flowers but with looking at the picture it was doable.


  • Tim Holtz - Festive Bouquet dies
  • 49 and Market - Artoptions Rouge Fabric washi tape (to cut flowers)
  • Cuttlebug - D'vine Swirl Embossing folder
  • Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium paper and faux postage stamp
  • Stickles - xmas red (on berries)

I would like to add my cards to the following challenge

Two down and 3 to go to make my quota for this month, wish me luck :)

Thanks for stopping by today and saying Hi,

Connie

15 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

As a gal that loves Christmas all year round - I love these cards!! The poinsettias are lovely...but I love the music accent on the first one. And the vintage stamp in the 2nd. So pretty!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie, your cards are just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful Poinsettia creations, I like both styles! Textures and prints and designs are perfect!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

They are so beautiful and vibrant! That's a beautiful red on the first one.

-Soma

Lia said...

The poinsettias are real eyecatchers. Beautiful card, well done!!
Lia POE

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi my dear friend. Beautiful cards.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like poinsettias, these are lovely cards.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther Asbury said...

I love that festive bouquet die set and you've used it beautifully on both of these cards!

Lisa said...

These are great poinsettias. Love the combination of dies on the first card and really love the washi tape used for the second flower. Very clever and beautiful results.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning design, great colour combo, love it. xx

Debbie said...

good luck getting your quota for this month, i'm sure you will do it!! both of these are awesome christmas cards, both really...but i love the 1 cent stamp on the second one, that really elevates the look of the 2nd one for me!!

Barb Finnical said...

Connie, Your cards are beautiful! I love poinsettias too. I love how you cut the border frame out of patterned paper. That's so creative! Someone will absolutely love getting this card for Christmas! Thanks so much for sharing this with us over at Christmas BINGO Challenges!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, these are two beautiful poinsettia cards, Connie! Good luck on reaching your quota. You still have some time. Sorry I'm so far behind in visiting.