Monday, May 22, 2023

Deepest Sympathy

 There has been way too many needs for sympathy cards, a fellow cardmaker lost her brother suddenly. I went with these rub-ons that have the look of soft water coloring to me.  I added a stamped sentiment onto a die cut to give the card a touch of dimension.


  • 49 and Market - 6x8 Artoptions Avesta paper, Avesta Rub-ons (flowers and butterfly)
  • Spellbinders - Grommet tags die
  • Hero Arts - Everyday sayings sentiment stamp
  • Brads
  • Inking around edges

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and hope you have a great week ahead,

Connie

12 comments:

Debbie said...

beautiful connie...it is always so difficult when it is sudden and unexpected!!

Leslie Miller said...

It does look like a beautiful watercolor! I still have those grommet tags, too, and love to see this one here. It's a good time to put your brads to work, as well. You have been making a lot of sympathy cards lately. We've had some losses among friends and family, too. It's good to keep sympathy cards on hand.

April said...

I love these beautiful rub ons! Your card is lovely. I am sorry you have had to send so many sympathy cards lately.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh that is so lovely..

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Prayers for your friend and the family! You made a beautiful card Connie...and I have no doubt the comfort it will bring. xo

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x

Kim said...

Sympathy cards are always needed, aren't they?? This one is lovely and will send the warmest of hugs to your friend.

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful. the card speaks volumes. Hugs Mrs A.

wannabcre8tive said...

Such a lovely sympathy card. Those are neat rub ones, so life like. I love the shape of the die you used. Sorry you have been in need of sympathy cards.

Donna Phelan said...

Yes, too many...but as one who received one of your beautiful and very thoughtful Sympathy cards--I know they will be grateful! The water color look is fabulous, so soft and well, artsy! Love it!

Esther Asbury said...

This is a very beautiful sympathy card!

Lisa said...

Great rub ons. Wow they are amazing and beautiful for a sympathy card. I am sorry you needed a sympathy card. It tough for me sometimes to come up with ideas for sympathy cards when I really need them.