Monday, May 29, 2023

Memorial Day

 I am sadden to say that I am sharing once again another sympathy card.  He passed away a couple weeks ago but I waited to share this card because although he didn't die in the line of duty he did retire from the Air Force as a Colonel and he was much admired by so many people that he touched during his lifetime, and our church was lucky enough to have him as part of our congregation.  He not only did so much for our church but all the members of the church, he was the kind of guy that if he saw you needed something he would do his best to help you. He died suddenly after a bike ride, had a heart attack, the day before his daughter graduated from College and his son is getting married next weekend. This family has gone through so much.  He will be sorely missed but was such a great example to how we are to live our life.


  • K&co. - Blue Awning paper (inking around the edges)
  • Tim Holtz - Wildflowers#2 dies
  • Taylored Expressions - Care & comfort sentiment stamp
  • Jute twine

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

13 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, this was such a hard post to read. I'm so saddened for this man's family. Your card is a lovely tribute to his memory.

Donna Phelan said...

So sorry! Memorial Day is just not a day off, it is a day to reflect, remember and be grateful. This is a lovely card, love the die cuts and that beautiful sentiment.

Kim said...

Oh, my goodness, such a tragic time this gentleman's family is going through; heightened by the fact that his daughter is graduating and his son is getting married. Such sadness. He sounds as if he was the most wonderful man; a life well lived, serving others every day. A beautiful, heartfelt card, dear Connie.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Connie so sad ... my thoughts and prayers are with this family.
That is a beautiful card.

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry, Connie. I'm sure the card will bring come comfort at a tragic time xoxo

April said...

This is so sad. What a tribute to this man. Your card is lovely and I know was an encouragement to the family.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my, what a tragic loss. My heart and prayers go out to them all. You made such a lovely card Connie. I have no doubt it will bring them comfort. Blessings to you. xo

Esther Asbury said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful man from your church. Your card is absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure it will bring comfort to the recipient.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I am so sorry! My deepest condolences. You wrote a beautiful tribute and made a beautiful card. I am sure it will bring the family comfort.

-Soma

Debbie said...

oh connie, i am so glad you made such a beautiful card for this man. i often think they don't get the recognition they deserve!! the church and congregation were very lucky to have him!!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend from church. Prayers for his family. You created a beautiful card in his honor.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, dear. His loss is felt by many and he is gone way too soon. I'm so sorry. You have made a beautiful card, Connie.

JD/ Jill said...

I was so sorry to hear of this wonderful man's loss. So sad you just never know.
Jim and I had a shock a day before my birthday when our neighbor told us that her husband died. It was a total shock, as I said before, he was only about 35, and we saw him the day before and talked to him.