Monday, May 1, 2023

Sending Hugs

 My friend recently loss her cat, I remembered I had a cardmaking magazine with stamps and embossing folder I hadn't used yet, and thought it would be nice for her card. Colored the cat with markers and fussy cut him out, embossed the paw prints and then added a little marker to just the paw prints to make them a little darker then the kraft cardstock.


  • Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine - Perfect pals stamp, colored w/markers and embossing folder paw prints colored the paws
  • ODBD - Vintage Ephemera collection papers
  • Simon says stamps - You got this sentiment stamp

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, Hope you have a great week ahead!

Connie

9 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness Connie. This is about the sweetest card I've ever seen. That sweet kitty and the paw prints turned out adorable! Love this one so much! Big hugs to your friend too. 🙏 xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

I love the embossed paw prints on this super sweet card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a sweet card, which I'm sure brought comfort xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, I'm sorry for your friend's loss, Connie. It's just like you to be infinitely thoughtful and make a card to let her know you care. This is the sweetest thing. I love the sentiment with the precious kitty and paw prints. It will touch her heart.

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, that embossing folder is the sweetest! Your distressing/antiquing of the paw prints is just perfect to bring out the embossing. And the kitty could not be cuter! What a great way of featuring her dear fur child in a sympathy card. You are the kindest of friends! Loving that beautiful new blog header photo! Your photography skills are the greatest with the cloudy day sort of burry behind the pretty flowers!
hugs,
de

Pam said...

What a beautiful card. I know when I lost my best bud I got several cards and they were so touching. It was nice.

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww this is such a sweet card ... lovely.

All the best Jan

Chrissy said...

Aww, gorgeous card, love those cute, embossed paw prints and the little cat, love the neutral colours too, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debbie said...

pet's become like family and their loss can be so difficult. i remember you are a cat lover, i think??

this is such a thoughtful gesture and i am sure your friend will appreciate it!!