Friday, May 5, 2023

In our prayers

 My hubby's coworker passed away from cancer, he was our age.  I had never met his wife in person, when the guys would call and talk on the phone during the pandemic when they were working from home, all 4 of us would talk, so I felt like I knew her.

I went with using this paper pack that had this pretty bird image I could use to put on the front for the focal image. I inked around all the edges, stamped a sentiment at the bottom and added a couple pearls.


  • DCWV - The Primrose paper pack for papers and bird image, inking around all edges
  • Stampendous - Sincere Sentiments stamp set
  • Martha Stewart - pearls

Hope you all enjoy a lovely weekend.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
Connie

15 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Connie and such a sad reason to make one, but I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Luv CHRISSYxx

April said...

This is so lovely! I am sorry to hear about Greg's coworker. I know she will appreciate the card.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Making card for such a sad reason. The card is beautiful and I am sure she will appreciate it. I am so sorry. My heartfelt condolences.

-Soma

Birgit said...

So sad. What a beautiful heartfelt card.

Nancy Chan said...

I am sure your card will be very much appreciated.

Lisa said...

Very lovely image to use as the focal. I know what you mean about getting to know our spouses coworkers as I feel I have gotten to know my hubby's since the pandemic.

Leslie Miller said...

What sad news. Your card is soft and soothing, and has a hopeful feeling to it. There's just something about birds. Beautiful and sweet, Connie.

aussie aNNie said...

Just a beautiful card for this sad occasion, life is short Connie, sending prayers x , I love the images and colours. Lovely card design x

Donna Phelan said...

Very pretty papers, soft and subtle. Love how you created that music sheet panel with the pretty bird. This is lovely. So sad! (((hugs)))

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card! So sorry to hear about your husband's co-worker!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so delicate, Connie. Perfect for such a difficult time xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

My prayers go out to them 🙏 Such a lovely card Connie. I'm sure they will greatly appreciate it and the heartfelt sentiments within.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure your card will be appreciated.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

it's all getting so scary, isn't it!! cancer...our age, i know we are getting closer to the finish line!!

this card is beautiful, a lovely choice for the man's wife!!

Esther Asbury said...

I love how kind and thoughtful you are of others - always giving cards to cheer, encourage, and comfort. This one is a beauty, and I'm sure it brought all of the above to the recipient.