Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Slimline sympathy

 Our friend from our life group at church lost his Mom, she lived a long life and had dementia, she ended up falling and passing away.  I wanted to go for a vintage look to the card and once again used the paper pack and one of the images that come in the pack to make this slimline card, I thought it fit perfectly. The sentiment and pearls fit nicely in the empty space.


  • DCWV - The Primrose,  Paper and image
  • Taylored Expressions - Care & Comfort II sentiment stamp
  • Kaisercraft - Pearls
You can see a touch of glitter that was already on this panel in the close up below.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

8 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Lovely card and it does have that vintage feel...which I just love. My sympathies go out to your church friend. May they find peace and healing. 🙏

Birgit said...

This is such a beautiful card, Connie. I do love the vintage style. So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, this is absolutely beautiful and your friend will feel your genuine sympathy for his loss. It's a sad ending to her life. At times like this memories come flooding. Hopefully his memories will bring smiles after the grieving period.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to read that your friend recently lost his Mom.
I do like the vintage style of this card which I'm sure will be appreciated.

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

So beautiful. I'm sure it brought comfort xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

That is a great piece to use, the florals are beautiful and I adore the font on the sentiment! I'm sure he'll appreciate your thoughtfulness!

April said...

This is such a lovely card! Perfect for a sympathy card.

Esther Asbury said...

Your sympathy card is absolutely perfect! I love the line of pearls you added under the sentiment - so pretty!