Thursday, February 11, 2021

Garden Flowers

 For my last sympathy card I stamped onto a piece of pattern paper, by inking up my stamp using ink and my daubers (little sponge applicators).  It took a few times stamping to give good coverage. 


  • Sassafras - Mix and mend paper
  • Inkadinkado - Garden Flower stamp
  • Lawn Fawn - Fancy Scalloped Rectangles die


After stamping the card I sprayed water onto the stamp to clean it and the ink puddled on the stamp and I thought I would see what it would look like if I stamped it and it gave a pretty watercolor look to it, but I lost some definition in the flowers, so I inked them again and stamped again. I also stamped some of the butterflies that were in the stamp set.  Since I am always in need of Birthday cards, that is what I turned this card into.  I used the same paper pack but this time used some scraps to make up the background.


  • Inkadinkado - Garden Flower stamp set
  • Sassafras - Mix and mend papers
  • Memory Box - Stitched Rectangles layer dies
  • Splattering with brown ink
  • Pearl Drops


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, and letting me know you did :)

Connie

15 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun -- you got two cards out of one stamp! Love how you stamped on patterned paper, and the watercolor piece is just gorgeous!!

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! Connie, these look beautiful! Your first card with the earthy background paper looks like something vintage and special - I love this look! I never thought of using daubers to ink my stamps! What a fun unexpected watercolor experiment on your second card! It's delightful! they sure do look different, don't they? The background papers on your 2nd card are beautiful, too! huggers, de

Diane said...

Lovely color, stitched framing and stamping Connie.

Hugs diane

Darlene said...

These are both just beautiful Connie! I love stamping on patterned paper ... it's amazing what you can come up with. And how smart of you to give it that watercolor appearance. Beautiful work my friend!

Debbie said...

beautiful cards!!! we need more and more sympathy cards these days, it is so sad!! i really like the colors on the birthday card, it's nice that you include so many of the instructions so others can replicate this if they would like to!!!

Louca por porcelana said...

How sweet and pretty!Best wishes!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Two beautiful cards, Connie xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I love both cards, but your first really sends me. So delicate and earthy. However, I really love the watercolor look of your second card, as well. Nicely done, Connie!

April said...

Both your cards are beautiful! Love them.

aussie aNNie said...

Two beautiful cards, love using the daubers, so easy and the size helps. Great colours and classy result.xx

Birgit said...

These are beautiful Connie! What a clever idea to stamp the image onto watercolor cardstock before cleaning it. I like the artsy look.

Kim said...

I like how you experiment with different techniques, Connie and come up with new effects. Both cards are lovely. The watercolour effect of the first card is lovely.

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty! Loving that sprig of floral and foliage. Great designs. I adore that 2nd one...C'mon Spring!

Graça Gamito said...

How beautiful the floral arrangements on your cards!
Thinking about friends ... now that we can't be with them ...
Good afternoon!

Janice said...

I never think to stamp onto patterned paper, I’ve only ever embossed it with a folder. Such a great technique. Lovely cards as always.