Monday, February 15, 2021

February Zoom meeting

 We did a few techniques at this zoom meeting the first I will show today was a new kind of folded card.

We were to have an image all ready to go in a certain size so it would fit in the center of the folds and I went with an oval shape for my bouquet of lilies.  I used two different patterns for the inside and outside of the card.  I believe the piece was 11 inches long by 4 1/4 and we scored the 11 inch side at 2, 7 and 9 inches.  After all the scoring we glued the paper onto the card stock base and then glued both the top and bottom of the oval to the front.


In the next picture you can see how it is folded so that it stands up by itself.  I later added the sentiment and the pearls to the opposite corner for more embellishing. I don't know if you can see it or not but I added glossy accents to the water in the vase.


Since I couldn't add my sentiment on the inside I glued a white piece of cardstock to the back and added it there.  I would like to figure out a way to use this but maybe have removable tape at the base and be able to write on the inside of the card, it is pretty design but not sure how much I would use it.

  • Inkadinkado- Floral Inspiration stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinders - Lacey Ovals dies
  • Graphic 45 Botanical tea papers
  • ODBD - Mini tag sentiments stamp
  • Want 2 scrap - Say it with pearls
  • Glossy Accents on the vase for water
  • Spectrum sparkle pen - clear (stamens)
Hope your week is off to a good start, we had some snow last night and today we are supposed to get at least 6 inches more.  There is hope for next weekend though because we will finally be above freezing again!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

18 comments:

Diane said...

What a gorgeous design and flowers Connie.

Hugs diane

Esther Asbury said...

What a unique card design! I love the pretty papers and image you used -- it's a gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

Nice opportunity to use some of that beautiful paper which I have (same collection) sitting in my DP cabinet. It's absolutely lovely with the vase of lilies, and you matched up the colors perfectly. Interesting fold. I know you'll figure out a way to add writing. If you don't want it exposed, maybe an extra flap in the back?

April said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the pink on the gray card base. Such a pretty image too!

Debbie said...

this is such a cute card connie, i really like the uniqueness of the design!! the oval shape in the center is perfect for the card and i really like the colors. i think it is great that card lovers are still getting together via zoom. my knitting group is as well, i was super sad to have missed the last one!!

Sakuranko said...

Oh so pretty
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely papers and super fold. Great use of the gorgeous image and dies. xx

anakdenesor said...

you are so talented! i like your card

Birgit said...

This is such a pretty design but I can see where there's really no room for writing on the inside. It sure is beautiful though! The GA on the vase is brilliant Connie!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty and unusual! All other gap cards I've seen forego the connecting fold and just have the lower section added to the front, so maybe try that so you can add your greeting inside behind the adjoining panel

Donna Phelan said...

Great Fun Fold, love how it stands by itself! Your florals are beautiful and this makes for such a pretty and unique Easter card!

Donna Ellis said...

How fun to have a zoom group, Connie! Your card is really lovely, especially with the pretty papers and fun fold! hugs, de

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a beautiful card this is. Zoom was fun. I love how you are always laughing. You might not see it in you, but you are very fun.

Your colouring skills are phenomenal. Have a great week.

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful!

Darlene said...

OMG this is absolutely awesome! BEAUTIFUL job my friend! LOVE IT!!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is so lovely :)

All the best Jan

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card!

Janice said...

Beautifully coloured image and a fabulous fold, something very different.