Saturday, February 6, 2021

Double Easel

 A little while back (for the life of me I can't find the post)  Jill had sent me a card and then the goodies to make one myself, she had mentioned that she and another lady do this as a surprise for one another every now and then and that I didn't have to do it she just thought she would share, I told her when I have free time I would like to do it.  I have so many that I send birthday cards to and then I send those unexpected get well, sympathy ect.  

Well I had caught up with all of that so I decided I would make her a double easel card and cut the same things out that I had used on her card so that she could make one for herself.  I have seen these double and even triple easel cards and so I wanted to figure out how I could make one using the dies I already have, and I wanted it to fit in an A2 size envelope.  I found these dies to give it a try, and it actually worked :)

Instead of me trying to explain how to do the fold I am sure if you google Easel cards you can figure it out.  I had done a regular easel card before so all it was I did was made two one smaller than the first and set them inside one another, a triple would be just adding a smaller one but like I said I wanted her to be able to send it in an A2 size envelope.


I popped up the sentiment tag so that it would easily hold up the 2nd easel.


I glued the flowers onto yellow paper and then added a little shading with my markers, and cut them out. 

  • Spellbinders - Curved Rectangles die
  • Graphic 45 - Le Cirque paper
  • ODBD - Mini tags and mini tag sentiments stamp
  • Tim Holtz - Sizzix - Crochet die
  • Memory Box - Pennington Rose Blossoms die
  • Martha Stewart - leaf punch
  • Crafters Companion - White pearls

Here is how it looks closed.


The funny thing is that we must have been thinking about each other about the same time because she had sent me another sweet card and they had to have passed in the mail because we received each others pretty close together :)  So I will be sharing what I do with that one soon :)

We are supposed to get more snow tonight but only 1-3 inches so not too bad.  To all my East Coast friends I hope you stay safe through the next storm!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

14 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

So elegant and beautiful! I've never tried a double easel card before, looks like fun!

Donna Phelan said...

How beautiful! I love the lacy looking border dies and your pretty yellow florals! This is an awesome fun fold, I don't think I have ever seen a double easel card. Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

It is beautiful, Connie -- all lacy and feminine. An ambitious project!

Diane said...

Wonderful double easel card design and the colors are wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful double easel. The scalloped black is adds so much elegance. Would you believe I made 16 double easel cards and attached a calendar on them? I mailed them out to family for Christmas with their card.

JD/ Jill said...

Of course, I have seen this card up close...It's sitting on my desk and it's even more amazing when you see it in real life. Just hope I'm able to put it together. Maybe, while it's snowing (I think we're supposed to start tomorrow, I can work on my card.
Thank you again so much, for sending this amazing card my way.
Happy crafting to you! Keep safe!

Tanza Erlambang said...

I thought It was a wallet...so beautiful.
You have done such a great work.

Have a nice weekend

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL and so unique! Great job ... love the rich vintage colors!

Debbie said...

oh it is so beautiful!! i love the lace...i don't think you have ever made one like this before. and how fun to have this swap/exchange with friends who have the same passion as you!!

it was raining but it just started to snow, it looks lovely!!! happy sunday!!

Louca por porcelana said...

How elegant and creative!

aussie aNNie said...

Super project , love the colours, paper and design Connie. Thanks for always visiting...Have a lovely week. .xx
Robot is around me again.. ggggr

Kim said...

What a clever and beautiful card you have made, Connie. The colours and design are fabulous.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful! I've not made an easel card for a long time, and when I did, my doubles were diagonally side on, but I love this take on the technique xoxo

Janice said...

I’ve not tried making a double easel card before, it looks very impressive. That set of dies is perfect for it, with the yellow and black being very striking together.