Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Thinking of you

 A little while back one of the girls in my Card making group asked us to make a card for her Aunt that was in a nursing home, she told us how special it all was for her Aunt to get so many cards, she said it made her birthday so special, well she recently passed away, and now my friend has to go to the home and get her belongings today, I wanted to let her know that my thoughts will be with her today as she has that to do all by herself.


I did a boo boo on this card, I cut out a separate die to stamp the sentiment and when I went to attach it to the card, I put it on the card upside down because I had already glued on the pattern paper and the flower die cut on top of that. As I was looking at it I didn't think it looked to bad, if you didn't know that wasn't supposed to be the other way with the square more at the top then the bottom it still worked so I went with it.

  • Spellbinders - Tudor Rose Card front and Labels one dies
  • The Greetery - Thinking of you sentiment stamp set
Just before her Aunt passed away another girl in our group had asked us to make a card for her Aunt in a nursing home, and after hearing how thankful the other girl was that we made her Aunt's birthday so special I just had to make a card for this girls Aunt.

I used a paper pack that had flowers and tags in the same pack so I went with that to make a very bright and hopefully cheerful card for her!


  • My mind's eye - Quite Contrary paper pack, tags flowers and papers
  • Pink Fresh - Classic Edgers die
  • White Gel pen for details on the flowers
We only have another inch of snow from yesterdays snowfall. Tonight it is supposed to be freezing rain and snow mixed, glad I don't have to get out tomorrow.

Hope you are all staying well, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

11 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I am so sorry! It's never easy. This is a beautiful Sympathy card, that background die is magnificent! And your birthday card is so pretty! Great colors and design, I love that border die too!

Darlene said...

You have such a good heart Connie!! Bless You for doing this! So sad to hear of the passing of your friends Aunt ... such a difficult time! And, how sweet of you to jump right in there with a birthday card for the other lady! I'm sure it will bring great joy to her! Both cards are fabulous!
P.S. Boo Boo? What boo boo? I don't see any boo boo! LOL

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are beautiful and I'm sure they'll be a bright spot in the day of the recipients! I never would have guess that you messed up the first card -- it looks great!

Diane said...

Wonderful colors and designs Connie. You can not believe how many cards I make an throw out because they just aren't right.

Hugs diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Both cards are lovely. Can't even see a boo boo in the first card. The bright beautiful birthday cards is my favorite because of the pretty paper and vibrancy.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and gorgeous colours and dies. Sorry to read of someone passing, always a sad occasion but your card is stunning. xx

Janice said...

You are so kind Connie, always thinking of others. Two beautiful cards, I didn’t notice your mishap on the first one, call it a happy accident.

Birgit said...

Two beautiful and thoughtful cards Connie. I'm sure your friend appreciates all the love and card you took in making both of these cards. I think that die works well both ways, I wouldn't have known it was upside down. You're a very thoughtful friend for making her aunt feel so special in her last days. Hugs to you~

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both cards are so beautiful, and I'm sure the first brought comfort xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Great cards,dear friend.

Leslie Miller said...

I think your first card looks perfect, Connie. I'm sorry to hear your friend's aunt passed away, but you all made her birthday very special. Now you're doing it for another friend's aunt and it's going to be lovely for her, as well. Your birthday card is so pretty and cheerful!