Thursday, February 18, 2021

Trees with birds

 I am sorry to say that our Praise team leader at church has lost both his Grandparents a week apart, I had not gotten around to making him a sympathy card from the passing of his grandpa when we found out that his Grandmother on the other side of the family didn't look like she would make it much longer either, so I waited to find out if she would pull through before sending but she has passed too.


I just added some inks to my mat, spritzed some water and then dipped my paper into the mixture, I dry between each time to get this effect on the background.

  • Impression Obsession - Trees with birds stamp set, embossed w/black powder
  • Distress inks for background - Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans
  • The Greetery - Thinking of you sentiment stamp


We have had sun once again today so even though the temperature isn't above freezing there has been a little dripping of the icicles :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

Connie

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card for the saddest occasion. x

Kim said...

Oh, that is so sad. A lovely card to convey your sympathy at this tragic time to the gentleman.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You are so sweet to send cards out for the church. I love silhouette stamps, and this one is perfect for a sympathy card.

Leslie Miller said...

Aw, that's too sad to lose two grandparents so close together. You've made a thoughtful and beautiful card for your friend. I like the stamp and your watercolor background.

Debbie said...

it's always sad to have to make these cards but i am sure the people on the receiving end, appreciate them. it is beautiful, i like the way ink looks when spritzed with water!!!

Darlene said...

OMG what a sad situation ... my heart goes out to them! Your card is just beautiful and your sky is amazing! Great job .. I'm sure it will be very appreciated! You have such a good heart! Hugs

JD/ Jill said...

That is so heartbreaking. I'm sure your lovely card will be appreciated...and bring comfort!

Louca por porcelana said...

So sorry...Lovely card.

Donna Ellis said...

It's so hard losing our loved ones. My sympathies to your friend. Connie, the inks and scene in your card are just lovely - so serene and peaceful, and full of the expanse of the sky and wildlife. It's the perfect setting for your sympathy to be sent. love, de

Lowcarb team member said...

So sad ...
Lovely card which will be appreciated.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

Oh wow, that is so sad. This is a beautiful and serene card, one which will surely bring comfort! xo~

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Connie xoxo

Janice said...

Such a calming scene you have created for this sad time.

Unknown said...

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Bird feeders