Thursday, February 25, 2021

Vellum Flowers

 I have been wanting to make some vellum flowers so I stamped and embossed these flowers and leaves with white embossing powder. I had recently made some envelopes with these papers since there were many of the same style in the pack and I had these thin strips left over laying on my desk, I wondered if they would make a pretty background so I cut a piece of thin cardstock the size of my card front and started gluing them on, I thought it turned out pretty so I used that for my background and added a few gold and white sequins.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment on vellum too to keep with the theme of the card.

  • Prickley Pear - Hibiscus 2 stamp, embossed white powder
  • Gina Marie - Birthday words stamp
  • scraps paper
  • Sequins


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

So pretty and feminine.
Lovely Connie.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful!

R's Rue said...

💟💟💟

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL love vellum flowers and have you tried parchment with the vellum, gorgeous. xx
Have a great weekend. 💌

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous Connie! LOVE those vellum flowers ... so, so pretty and what a great idea for your background! Very elegant creation ... well done!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhh Connie. These flowers are so beautiful and makes for such an elegant card. Have a nice weekend.

Donna Ellis said...

Be still my heart! Connie, this is pure GORGEOUSNESS!!! How rich and regal your golden background is, diagonally “paper pieced” in that fashion. The embossed vellum flowers bring even more elegance to your masterpiece. It’s lovely! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me today. Hugz, de

Janice said...

Your embossed vellum flowers are just stunning. This is just beautiful.

Donna Phelan said...

Very pretty background and such gorgeous Vellum flowers. The white embossing makes them POP! Vellum makes for such a beautiful element to any card....yours is fabulous!

Debbie said...

oooooh i love vellum and what a great idea for the background paper, it worked out so well!!! this card is so beautiful, i really love the joined colors in the background paper and the fancy embellishments!!!

Kim said...

Just gorgeous! LOVE those flowers!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Connie what a brilliant card, love both ideas the strips backs plus vellum flowers. Well done.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}