Monday, February 22, 2021

Tree Sympathy

 Once again we have loss in our church, a man's Father has passed away, I went back to a design I have done in the past in which I add inks to my acrylic stamping block, mist with water and then apply that to the card.  It came out a little blotchy in areas so I took a wet paint brush and smoothed it out a bit. My Acrylic block has that wavy edge to it.

I die cut the tree twice to give it a little more dimension and added my stamped sentiment.


  • Distress inks - Tumbled Glass and Peeled paint for background 
  • Impression Obsession - Bare Tree die
  • Taylored Expression - Care & Comfort stamp sentiment


We still have some lingering snow even though we have had rain and warm temperatures for two days but the sun has come out once again, and we have warmer temperatures.  I hope you are all well wherever you are!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and hope you have a great week ahead!

Connie

13 comments:

Darlene said...

What a beautiful design for a sympathy card. Every time I turn around (and I see it's the same for you), I'm needing to create a sympathy card. I know of so many people who have passed away in the last year ... sad & scary!
I'm sure your card will be of great comfort to the family! Stay healthy my friend!

Diane said...

Lovely sympathy card design Connie.

Hugs diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very classy looking card, Connie. I have a block that is curvy too. Still haven't tried this technique but have wanted too. You are a lot of inspiration to me.

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card,Connie. Best wishes!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and may the person rest in peace. xx

Tanza Erlambang said...

sorry for the lost....

Your "Tree Sympathy" is beautiful in terms of design and colors.... love the tree's color and its background....great work.

Have a wonderful day.

Donna Phelan said...

Love that ink smooshing technique, beautiful colors. That bare winter tree looks fabulous! A lovely sympathy card. So sorry you have been making more of these! (((hugs)))

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card for the toughest of occasions xoxo

April said...

This is lovely. I alsolove doing that technique. I am so sorry you have to keep making sympathy cards.

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice design Connie.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

such a beautiful card for such a sad event!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your acrylic block makes a nice background. Beautifully understated and perfect for a masculine sympathy card, Connie.

Janice said...

Beautiful CAS sympathy card.