Friday, February 5, 2021

XOXOXO

 I can only share the card I made for my daughter before Valentines because hubby looks at my blog :)  I usually only do two every year.

I had bought a bag full all of all kinds goodies at my stamp stores yard sale and in that bag was a sheet of hearts that you could color, well I have had it for a few years and thought I would get it out and figure out what to do with them.

Colored a couple of them, applied them to cardstock that I die cut into an oval, layered that onto a scalloped oval from black cardstock to go with the black strip of paper I put down the center.  Added a few stickles for some shimmer. It all seemed a little bare so I added a few rub ons with hearts and XO's.


  • Jot - Color me heart stickers, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinders - Classic ovals and Lacey ovals dies
  • BasicGrey - Picadilly Paper
  • Colorbok - Rub on hearts and XO's
It's hard to believe we are almost to Valentines day.  Hope you all north and east of us stay warm over this weekend, sounds like it is going to be a very chilly weekend.

I would like to share my card today with

 Simon Says, Love is in the air challenge .

And Simon Says Love/Heart Challenge

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely Connie, so many neat details.

I would love to see one of your Iris folding cards!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful Valentine! I love the designer paper you used in the background!

Debbie said...

this is such a sweet card, with a beautiful balance!! i love that your hubby reads your blog, mine does too!! i wonder if he will make a card for you, i hope so!!

we are expecting super cold lows this weekend...but where do we go that it matters???

R's Rue said...

💟💟💟

Kim said...

Love all the elements in this card, Connie. Those hearts are sweet; perfect for Valentine's.

Alex said...

Awwwwe that's so sweet, Connie! And I'm sure your hubby's one is,too! They're getting cards from a seasoned and talented pro! You have inspired me to send one to my son and daughter! Keep warm and hang in a n there for Spring! God bless~
Xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes hearts, flowers and love are certainly in the air during February.

This card looks great.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, haha so much for hubby missing out on the sneak peak, xxx

Donna Phelan said...

Great coloring! Those hearts look like perfect little boxes of fancy chocolates! YUM! I like this design too with the strip in the middle and your pretty pattered papers!

Birgit said...

Super cute Connie! Love your choice of patterned papers. You keep warm too!

handmade by amalia said...

Such a sweet card! And, yes, there is no denying it - time flies.
Amalia
xo

Leslie Miller said...

This is so pretty! It's a classic and I love the look of it for your daughter. I haven't even made my hubby's Valentine yet.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How nice that your husband reads your blog. Mine does too, and it is so satisfying, isn't it?

Your card is so adorable. The hearts are very intriguing.

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Janice said...

I have some of the Lacy dies too, they’re so pretty. Love your card, it’s really pretty.