Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Caring thoughts

 I was looking through my stamps and dies for a butterfly and I couldn't find what I wanted so I went and looked through my coloring calendar images and found this pretty butterfly, and it was just the right size for the card I wanted to make.  I tried to use the colors that were in the paper I had picked out and I went to town coloring with pencils.


I tried using the glue with foil technique on this card before I did my nativity cards and I used bigger amounts of glue, still need to find just the right amount to use but it gave a little bit of shine to the background.  at the bottom of the paper they have a little collage and I added a button brad to it to give it some dimension as well as lifting the butterfly with foam tape. A little bit of sparkle pen added to the butterfly.

  • Coloring for calm 2017 coloring calendar, color w/pencils
  • Sassafras - Mix and mend papers
  • Recollections - button brad
  • Deco foil and glue
  • The Greetery - Thinking of you stamp set
  • Pink & Main - Sentiment strip die
  • Spectrum Sparkle pen - clear


I hope your week is off to a good start, my daughter is out east and she said they have a lot of snow, but doesn't sound like anyone is without power so that is a good thing.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Magnificent butterfly! Love your background and all of the bits and collage, love the cluster look of that and your button brad accent! This is delightful!

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely, pastel scene, Connie! The woodsiness is especially flattering to your borders! hugs, de

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Darlene said...

That's a gorgeous butterfly and you've showcased it perfectly! Well done!

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful butterfly and I love it against the wood background! Lovely card!

Debbie said...

this card is gorgeous, so much prettier in person than it looks in the picture. as it sits on my desk, i wish that everyone could really see it, the colors are perfect, all throughout the card. the butterfly is lifting off the card, and sparkling with just the right amount of sparkle. connie colors these cards with such precision, it is amazing!!

her words are warm and caring, thank you connie for sending this beautiful card to me. it was the perfect choice as you know how much i love butterflies!!!

Kim said...

Your butterfly lights up this lovely card, Connie. I hope your daughter keeps warm. =)

Louca por porcelana said...

Sweet and pretty card!Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your background and butterfly look like they were made for each other. Well, I guess they were, actually! Great job, Connie!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the soft muted colors.. so peaceful and serene.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card and amazing colours. ♥
That butterfly is gorgeous. x

JD/ Jill said...

This is just stunning, Connie! Great coloring!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely butterfly and I like your colouring.

All the best Jan